Business Development Manager – Events Agency – £40,000 + OTE
Business Development Manager
£40,000 + OTE
A fantastic new role for an engaging Business Development Manager to gain a brilliant and thriving team. To increase new business sales for Event Management, Event Production, Incentives, Reward & Recognition & Digital Design at a profitable level for the company.
Breakdown of the role:
65% - Business Development & Acquisition
- To win new business sales at a profitable level from new & existing customers & achieve yearly sales targets
- To develop new business across all company services and have diverse portfolio of clients
- Ensure sales activity results in high conversion rates.
- Ensure that in all pitch responses the brand standards, CVP (Customer value proposition) & market proposition are clear and compelling and responses are complete & timely.
- Ensures all business won maintains minimum gross margins
15% - Communication
- To alert the Director of Sales & relevant team members to any key changes within existing clients’ business or industry.
10% - Account Management
- To develop and maintain a comprehensive client service plan to ensure that the company personally touches each client on a regular, planned basis.
- Leverage networks within the company and client organisations to assist with the expansion of networks for business acquisition.
10% - Training
Participate in the available training opportunities, directed by the Director of Sales.
The successful candidate will have:
Sales & Marketing experience
- Able to build and grow business networks to convert business opportunities.
- Understand how to generate leads from all sources eg. Databases, telemarketing, research, cold calling.
- Understands trends in the market and able to identify potential opportunities.
Industry Networking experience
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to develop relationships, trust & credibility with key suppliers and business leaders.
- Able to negotiate will suppliers to provide the best outcome for the business and the client.
Business acumen experience
- Understands how business decisions are made.
- Able to identify all stakeholders and decision makers within the business to ensure sales team deliver appropriate pitches/solutions, relevant to client position objectives.
- Sound knowledge of procurement, product & market trends.
- Able to understand and drive the pricing models & business solutions to maximise profitable business.
- Able to understand the commercial structure & drivers of the client organisation.
- Able to think across functionally & balance business & client requirements.
Account Management experience
- Confident in approach with clients and builds rapport effectively.
- Uses the process of partnering with key clients to achieve their business objectives.
- Is able to identify & maximise new business opportunities from within the incumbent client portfolio.
- Makes confident recommendations to clients providing them with the company service offering that suits and fulfils their needs.
- To resign incumbent business within the Event Management teams that Sales support
- Understanding the company way in the Sales Process;
- Sourcing – setting the appointment Procuring – converting the lead to an opportunity Developing – managing the client relationship
This role would suit: Event Sales, Event Sales Manager, Event Business Development, Event Account Director, Senior Event Sales Executive.