Senior Congress Logistics Manager, Pharma – Events Agency
Senior Congress Logistics Manager – Pharma
To £40,000 depending on experience
An amazing opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading agencies within Pharma Congress.
Within this role you will have the opportunity to end to end Project Manage multiple Congress (or other assigned events). Taking a typical Congress from the very start of the process from kick-off meetings with clients, understanding strategic approach and setting budget for time needed, through to conclusion, on-site delivery, financial reconciliation and reporting. This will constantly be a mixture of different Congress being managed at different stages in their life-cycle with Congress in a variety of global locations, often with differing demands and multiple clients. You will have ultimate responsibility for delivery, ensuring operational excellence, accurate budget control and reporting, general reporting for internal and client ‘continuous improvement’; managing multiple and diverse stakeholders with an overall strong commercial approach on behalf of the agency.
- Responsibility for project management of assigned Congress/events, being fully accountable for delivery (operational delivery) and results (ROI or ROO for clients or a different measure as agreed and financial results)
- Continually seeking ways to build stronger and long-lasting initiatives which bring the values of the agency to life, ensuring the highest standards of quality in all areas of event delivery including overall project management, logistics and production, including exhibition booth and ad on meetings
- Deliver income targets and margins maximising revenue opportunities whilst providing best value for the client
- To have and enhance a broad supplier and freelancer network to ensure that the agency works with the best people in the industry, sharing this where applicable
- Continuously adapt and adjust approaches to remain fresh, cutting edge and ahead of the industry curve
- Act as an ambassador for the agency at all times
- Produce, review, monitor, update and action all project-related documentation, ensuring that it is filed correctly in accordance with ISO
- Accurately respond to project directives in a timely and effective manner
- Foster key internal business relationships with Creative, Logistics, F&TV, Finance, HR, Digital, I.T, etc.
- Develop overall skills base by taking advantage of training and development provided
- Oversee the delivery of project artwork/design, ensuring creative output meets the creative brief and is accurately provided to the requisite quality
- Closely monitor Finance in relation to all projects ensuring that invoicing and financial administration is of a high standard to keep income coming into the Agency
Key Skills Required
- Highly motivated
- Highly developed negotiation skills and the ability to influence others
- Excellent literacy skills
- High level of knowledge of Pharma Compliance
- Excellence in Microsoft Office
- Lateral thinker with a keen eye for detail
- Proactive, organised and methodical with excellent proof reading skills
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations of quality
- Demonstrable ability to lead and inspire a team
- Relevant work experience essential
This role would suit: PCO Project Manager, Congress Project Manager, Pharma Event Project Manager, Pharma events, Professional Congress, Pharma event project manager, Pharma Event operations, Pharma Event Account Manager, Senior Event Project manager, Senior PCO Manager, Senior Pharma Event Project Manager.