Business Development Manager – Exhibitions & Events Agency – To £40,000
Business Development Manager - Exhibitions & Events Agency
£30,000 - £40,000
This fantastic opportunity to join one of the industry’s leading Exhibitions and Events Agencies as Business Development Manager. We are looking for an infectious, self-starting tenacious individual to power business development for a much-loved client of ours. You will identify and self-generate new opportunities for you to progress within the exhibition and event industry.
Who you will be working for?
Our client has a first-class reputation for live events. They have been delivering highly creative, award winning exhibitions and events which generate a brilliant return on investment. They are seeking someone special, who is detailed in their approach, also demonstrating value, and building long lasting relationships are the key to success.
What you can earn and where?
An annual salary of £30,000 to £40,000 depending on experience, plus group company pension after passing 6-month probation, matched contribution up to maximum of 3%. Holiday is 22 days plus 2 days for Xmas, plus each year of employment staff get an additional day up to a maximum of 25 days. There is also a Birthday holiday scheme – staff simply have their birthday as a day’s holiday.
Plus, commission structure.
Do you have an ability to flex between working on own your initiative, autonomously, as well as collaborating as part of a successful team? We need someone who can be respectful their own priorities and goals, whilst caring for others. The perfect human fit for our client will be committed, dedicated, passionate about sales, fastidious about excellence and attention to details, yet with a sense of fun and character. A self-motivated and enthusiastic, capable candidate, who maintains a client is king perspective always. Someone who communicates in a positive and engaging manner.
What you can get involved in?
This multi-faceted Business Development Manager role leads in all aspects of the sales process, while calling upon other resources to assist in proposal development, implementation, and delivery as needed or as directed by management.
How you can develop?
If you have first-class communications skills both written and verbal, excellent sales ability and you hit the ground running there is good developmental potential within this role from a financial remuneration stand point and developing a more strategic client relationship role in the future.
Exciting areas you will get involved in:
- Business development, sales, and sales management
- Identifying, developing, and converting new business within the exhibition, event, and value-added service opportunities within agreed industry sectors with new prospects.
- Maintain a highly responsive and pre-emptive service ethic with proposals and clients.
- Work with the team to develop proposals that achieve the desired needs, address concerns and meet objectives.
- Presenting to senior decision makers (Marketing/Event Managers/Directors).
- Ensure a seamless transition of client handover to the Project Manager following a successful sale.
- Offering uncompromising levels of service and advice and always look at ways to introduce the company’s value proposition.
- Work alongside Sales Director to identify and develop opportunities to network and engage with stakeholders.
- Exceeds assigned sales quota.
- Meets assigned profitability expectations.
- Achieves new business acquisition as set out below:
- £500,000 new business target
- Create weekly and monthly forecasts on revenue/target management and share with Sales Director
Our dream person will have!
- Excellent communication both written and verbal to C-Level.
- Astute, business acumen and commercial awareness.
- Proven record of accomplishment and achievement in winning new business pitches and in growing accounts.
- An understanding of core marketing principles is an advantage.
- Ability to manage multiple project proposals combined with prospecting – short – medium and long-term pipeline.
- Consultative approach
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Positive people skills – ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with colleagues and clients alike.
- Numerical, literacy and accuracy skills.
- Influence and sound negotiation skills.
This role would suit: Event Sales, Event Sales Manager, Event Business Development, Event Account Director, Senior Event Sales Executive, Business Development Manager, Senior Business Development Manager, Business Development Executive.