Account Manager – Events Agency
Account Manager – Events Agency
Excellent salary benefits
This fantastic new opportunity to become Account Manager at one the worlds’ largest event management companies. Your role will be to manage profitable, prestigious client accounts, by managing staff and other resources in their preparation, planning and delivery, exceeding client business objectives and expectations.
Also, to identify new opportunities and leads for existing and new business development, working with the Account Director to expand the client portfolio and manage and develop your team to work effectively whilst implementing succession planning for the future.
Your main responsibilities are divided into 4 key areas; Project Management, Client Liaison & Development, Financial Management, Staff Development and Motivation and Management.
- Ensure that the highest standards of event planning and delivery are maintained through the effective management of Project Managers and Project Executives.
- Add value to clients’ events through advising on beneficial additional services; creative ideas; business solutions and negotiation with 3rd party suppliers in order to achieve maximum contribution.
- Ensure usage of Client and Company processes and procedures by project teams, resulting in consistency and standardisation in delivery of all events organised through streamlining working methods.
- Assist the Account Director in the preparation of comprehensive and informative written proposals for existing and new clients with support from Sales and Marketing where necessary.
- Travel on-site to manage all event requirements and onsite staff for larger and high-profile events.
- Ensure delivery of all events in accordance with regulatory and client-defined compliance guidelines.
Client Liaison & Development
- Liaise with and advise clients, using knowledge and event experience to ensure that their business objectives are met.
- Build, maintain and develop long term relationships with clients.
- Assist the Account Director with the preparation of management information for clients.
- Complete understanding of client business structure, products, policies and key personnel and feedback account activity to Account Director.
- Plan, attend & execute client account planning meetings, where appropriate.
- Work along Account Director in the strategic planning of cross selling the company services.
- Maximise profitability of projects including management fees, time costs and secondary revenue (where permitted).
- Maximise the efficiency of the team resources and time management, to ensure optimum net margin.
- Oversee the application of effective scope management – to identify and charge clients for out of scope activities.
- Ensure that cost avoidance/saving measures are identified, quantified and reported.
- Ensure financial tracking of each event and conduct regular ‘health checks’ to ensure positive cash flow.
- Support Operational Finance function by reviewing the efficiencies and ensuring optimum outputs.
Staff Development, Motivation and Management
- Review and appraise the team in line with Company procedures
- Review and implementation of development plans for the account team
- Plan and prioritise staff and resources to meet objectives and deadlines
- Assist Account Director with recruitment of team
- Assessing skill set within team and identifying the next generation of rising stars
- Responsible for the motivation and development of team
- Ongoing direction and coaching of individuals to maximise on performance
- Ensure that all new staff are correctly inducted and allocated a company mentor/buddy when they start, liaising with the HR manager
- Identify training requirements for your team and providing on the job training as required
- Work within your peer group to ensure consistency across the company at manager level
This role would suit: Event Account manager, Event Project Manager, Event Manager, Client Services Manager, Agency Account Manager, Agency Event Account Manager.