Event Business Development Manager – £40-45,000 with excellent commission – London
Business Development Manager
City of London
£40-45,000 with excellent commission opportunity
Operating out of central London our client handles thousands of venue find bookings and hundreds of event production and management projects for a wide range of corporate associations and SME’s. They offer honest and creative advice whilst appreciating timescales and budgets and delivering all this at the highest standard possible from start to finish.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in winning new business, developing accounts and retaining customers as a Business Development Manager. Attention to detail, demonstrating value and building long lasting relationships are key for this appointment.
- Identify, develop and convert Event Management Department opportunities in agreed new sectors with clients and future prospects
- Maintain a highly responsive and pre-emptive service ethic with clients.
- Use a client brief as the catalyst to sourcing effective event solutions, matching the client’s criteria whilst successfully introducing up sell components over and above the original brief.
- Work with the team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns and objectives
- Build the database with pipeline and confirmed business
- Develop an account development process that includes management of day-to-day relationship as well as business development activity to ensure potential event scope within each client’s portfolio is realised to its maximum potential.
- Use a range of communication strategies for client engagement to develop and convert sales opportunities.
- Support the Event Management team where necessary which may include on-site activity.
- Write proposals where necessary.
- Offer uncompromising levels of service and advice, and always look at ways to enhance company value proposition.
- Liaise with the Head of Events and our Marketing team to identify and develop opportunities to network and engage with clients to create business opportunities.
- Maintain existing clients through selling future events and creating a sustainable pipeline
Core Skills/Competencies Required:
- Proficient use of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential.
- Experience with Sales Force would be an advantage.
- Proven Event Management experience and ability to draw on examples of account growth.
- Excellent business development skills – ability to identify up sell opportunities and secure future business prior to leaving current event.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Good business acumen and commercial awareness.
- Excellent product knowledge and awareness of U.K. and overseas properties including ground handlers and destinations.
- Effective influencing skills.
- Ability to direct client decision making.
- Must have a proven track record in growing accounts and winning new business/pitches.
- Knowledge of legal, finance, insurance and professional service sector is an advantage.
- Marketing knowledge is an advantage.
- Project management skills an advantage
- Ability to manage multiple projects
Desired Behavioural Attributes:
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Ability to multi task and project manage several events at a time whilst being respectful of one’s own and fellow team member’s workload.
- Engage and participate in personal development opportunities that are presented.
- Exude a sense of fun whilst showing commitment to produce excellent results.
- Be self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Display excellent organisation and planning skills.
- Positive people skills – ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with colleagues, clients and suppliers alike.
- Able to anticipate client requirements to maximise value.
- Maintain a client perspective at all times.
- Choose an appropriate communication style that matches the situation.
- Communicate in a positive and engaging manner.
- Demonstrate a ‘consultative’ approach at all times.
- Regularly display examples of going the extra mile to succeed.
- Show commitment to deliver excellence.
- Take ownership for ensuring 100% accuracy across all tasks.
- Think on behalf of the client to pre-empt their request
This role would suit: Event Sales, Event Sales Manager, Event Business Development, Event Account Director, Senior Event Sales Executive.