Event Coordinator – Events Agency – to £23,000
£19,000 - £21,000
Kingston – Upon – Thames
Your role as Event Coordinator would be to support the Event Manager/ Director and to add magic to delight our clients through the delivery of exceptionally high quality, successful events on time and on budget. The role is entry level, ideal for graduates with Events exposure. Financial and Pharmaceutical exposure would be advantageous but not critical as would delegate management. Experience in CVent and Amadaus would also be of use.
Our client is a global strategic event management agency offering Event Management, Event Production, Incentives, Reward and Recognition and Digital, Graphic and Event Design.
The agency boasts an impressive portfolio of loyal clients (the majority being corporate) and your role will be to manage and maximise these client accounts ensuring that clients are using the full suite of services across the business and its partner businesses.
Your main responsibilities would be:
- To assist the Event Manager / Director by following correct systems and processes from the outset to ensure timely, error free event management.
- To support the Event Manager/ Director in maintaining accurate files, budgets & critical paths in order to adhere to deadlines and budgets especially attrition and cancellation deadlines as per signed contracts
- To respond to all client enquiries professionally and within the agreed timeframes and to ensure client satisfaction with the response
- To ensure all delegate data is accurately processed including travel and accommodation and monies held on file before payments are made
- To ensure behaviour is, at all times professional and represents company standards and values
- To maintain effective and customer focused communication throughout with all stakeholders
- To work as part of the Event team, take initiative where relevant and take ownership of tasks allocated.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills – highly methodical, accurate and deadline driven
- Excellent customer service focus
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal effectively with all management levels and build effective client relationships
- Computer literate in standard MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and preferred recent use of Galileo
- Knowledge of and experience in using Events Pro or similar event management software and airline reservation systems is desirable
- Team player and adaptable
- Ability to accept responsibility
- Ability to resolve issues to the satisfaction of both client and company
- Demonstrated effective customer service skills
- Events Management Course, University Degree and/or relevant industry experience preferred
- Event (meetings, conferences, incentives, group bookings) product experience in key regions preferred
- Galileo experience preferred
This role would also suit: Event Planner, Event Executive.