Event Production Manager – Worcestershire – to £35,000
Are you a Production Manager that wants to work for the best? For a company who cares as much as their people as they do their clients? We are urgently seeking an experienced Production Manager for a much loved, long standing client of ours, a full-service events and communications agency who we feel are truly creative and design led. They have fantastic facilities and a multi-channel production company onsite and are able to exceed expectations through their best in breed multidisciplinary teams.
As an Event Production Manager you will manage all technical aspects of client’s live events whilst line manage the team of permanent and freelance staff ensure an excellent level of service is provided to all clients, with passion and excellence throughout.
Our successful candidate will:
- Line manage the team of technical staff, directing the work of permanent technicians, Daily/hourly paid staff and casual crew on a show by show basis. To ensure that adequate and appropriate technical support is provided in advance of, during events and following events.
- Work with the Managing Director and Head of Production and other Production Managers to advance production related information. To attend site visits and production meetings as required.
- Assist in the costing and production of client proposals based on their briefs.
- Act as client liaison when necessary and continue to maintain and build client relationships to a high standard.
- Assess the technical requirements of future events to ensure compatibility with the venues and to determine potential costs. To work with other departments to determine requirements for events and to maximise income from these events. To maintain high standards of production for all events.
- Coordinate Lighting, Sound, Video, Set and Staging, electrical infrastructure, communications and any other technical equipment necessary for events.
- Ensure budgetary targets are met through the proactive management of staffing levels on an event by event basis. Minimise costs, where possible, whilst maintaining high standards of production values, health and safety and client satisfaction.
- Lead, motivate, support and direct staff for whom you are responsible and ensure all staff are aware of and are working in accordance with current company policy and procedures and relevant Health and Safety legislation. Working in conjunction with our Health and Safety Manager, ensure that departmental and event related activities are risk assessed.
- Work to a budget set by the client and ensure that all financial matters are managed in accordance with company policy and procedures and that departmental recharges are recorded accurately. Manage all areas of the budget reporting back to relevant manager in charge of event when necessary.
- Complete reconciliation for every event spend including petty cash, credit cards, fuel expenses, overtime and weekend pay
- Attend weekly Sales and Ops Meetings and team meetings as required.
- To ensure that events are run in line with regulations pertaining to the Premises Licence. To liaise with licensing, safety and emergency services officials as required. To obtain special permissions where required (pyro’s, lasers, radio mic licenses etc.)
- To promote and comply with agency policy on equal opportunities both in delivery of services and treatment of others.
- Sourcing and managing suppliers
- Research new technologies on the market to be incorporated into Live projects
- As and when needed to rig, de-rig and operate equipment during events.
You will be perfect if you have:
- At least 3 year’s proven event management production experience
- Proven leadership and management skills, with experience of staff and crew management
- Knowledge of the production process and resource/timescales needed to realise production requirements.
- Excellent all round communication skills with good literary and numeracy.
- Experience of professional stage machinery/ electrics/sound/lighting communications and audio visual techniques.
- Ability to co-ordinate production aspects of live events effectively
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Licensing Regulations.
- A self-motivated attitude and able to work under their own initiative, with an enthusiastic and flexible approach to their work
- Proven ability to deliver a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers. The ability to inspire confidence in those they work with. Ability to read/ interpret and create CAD drawings Budgeting and financial skills.
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Resourcefulness and ability to problem solve and trouble shoot.
Your personality should be:
- Mature, positive and confident
- A manager who is able to work calmly and effectively with a wide range of people, including artists, venue production staff and conference/event organisers.
- Flexible in nature with a willingness to work as part of a team with an ability to handle several diverse projects at once and meet deadlines under pressure in a busy environment is essential.
- Experience of similar programme of events including conferences, banquets and exhibitions.
- Experience of using Vector Works, AutoCAD or WYSIWYG CAD drawing packages.
- Proven track record in design realisation.
- Current driving licence.