Senior Event Coordinator – Events Agency – up to £23,000
Senior Event Coordinator – Events Agency
£21,000 - £23,000
The role of Senior Event Coordinator has become available due to the promotion of the incumbent into an Event Manager role. As SEM you will be involved in registration management, building a registration site, delegate management, talking to suppliers, arranging flights, some on site work. You will be generally supporting events, using Amadeus and CVent. The ideal candidate will have solid event experience.
As SEM you will inspire your audience, to stimulate their hearts and minds and drive them to achieve your business goals. We connect them to your business by creating engaging innovative events, compelling incentive programs and exciting branding and communications.
Breakdown of the role:
Event Management - 40%
- To work with the client to ensure that the venue source brief and the clients budget are fully understood and logistically sound and to provide proactive solutions when necessary
- To effectively negotiate and manage hotel, transport and other suppliers
- To respond to all client enquiries professionally and within the agreed timeframes and to ensure client satisfaction with the response
- To grow margin where possible to ensure company and team targets are met/ exceeded
- To maintain effective and customer focused communication throughout with all stakeholders.
- To respond to all client enquiries professionally and within the agreed timeframes and to ensure client satisfaction with the response.
- Participate in the available & training opportunities, directed by your Business Leader.
- Desire to be successful and achieve. Awareness of financial goals and contribute to achieving them.
- Sets goals/deadlines on a daily basis and works to exceed them.
Persuasion & influence:
- Positively embraces and accepts change 100%. Develop effective negotiation skills that achieve a win/win outcome for all parties.
- Demonstrates constructive conflict resolution skills to ensure a positive outcome for all involved.
- Maintains objectivity and can see the big picture rather than reacting emotionally to the problem.
- Prepare and contribute to the weekly team meetings and one on ones.
- Attend: buzz nights, supplier nights, conferences, expos, newsletters and read email updates daily.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all audiences using written, graphic and verbal expression.
Event Management Skills:
- Competent usage of systems.
- Know how to use Microsoft Office.
- Understand and use all templates and procedures.
- To manage necessary components of client programs as required and work onsite as required.
- Be aware of the financial position of the business ie company/team targets and contribution to margin.
- Reconciling of your own components of an event.
- Timesheets completed by the end of each month.
- Provides outstanding professional service by exceeding all client expectations.
- Acts with honesty and integrity to create high trust relationships with team and all delegates.
- Maintains a high-level team spirit, commitment and enthusiasm.
- To be hard working, time efficient, show initiative and diligence.
- To be proactive, not reactive.
- Shows development of analytical skills.
- Probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem.
Learning & Development:
- Positively receives feedback to improve performance.
- Recognises and acts on opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Highly organised approach to work.
- Ability to work in multiple tasks at the same time, completing within required time frame and quality standards.
- Demonstrates effective time management skills and meets deadlines.
- Ability to always check for accuracy and correctness.
This role would suit: Senior Event Planner, Project Coordinator, Creative Event Coordinator.