Team Leader – Events Agency – c£50,000
Team Leader – Events Agency
Package circa £50,000
As Team Leader, you will be able to effectively lead and manage the Event Management team members, understand and implement the company values throughout the business. You will inspire your audience, to stimulate their hearts and minds and drive them to achieve your business goals. To connect them to your business by creating engaging innovative events, compelling incentive programs and exciting branding and communications.
Our client is a global strategic event management agency offering Event Management, Event Production, Incentives, Reward and Recognition and Digital, Graphic and Event Design.
The agency boasts an impressive portfolio of loyal clients (the majority being corporate) and your role will be to manage and maximise these client accounts ensuring that clients are using the full suite of services across the business and its partner businesses.
Your main responsibilities will be:
Workflow & People Management – 20%
- To report on a monthly basis to the General Manager regarding the status of work flow within your team particularly highlighting any critical periods.
- To manage all personnel requirements.
- To create a positive working environment with a high level of team spirit and commitment, where staff can reach their full potential and achieve personal & career goals.
Reporting – 20%
- To take responsibility for reviewing and signing off supplier payments, job reconciliations and work logs for the team.
- To ensure reconciliations are actioned in line with the company standard or contractual obligations.
Event Management – 10%
- Oversee & support on Event Management, as required.
Leadership – 10%
- Utilise leadership skills to develop and mentor Assistant Business Leaders, Event Directors, Event Managers and Event Coordinators within the team.
Account Management – 10%
- To develop a strategic, proactive plan for each existing client in order to maintain existing business, grow margin where possible and develop new business across all company products to ensure company and team targets are met/exceeded.
Plan and Strategise – 10%
- To increase business through working effectively with the Sales team and encouraging team members to source new business from existing and new clients.
- To obtain new leads from existing clients for the Sales team.
Communication – 10%
- To drive effective communication to the team
- Team Business Plans are kept up to date at all members and other stakeholders, including financial goals and the Business Plan.
- To alert the GM and team members to any key changes within existing clients’ businesses or industry that will affect reporting lines, overall business and/or provide increased or decreased opportunities for the business.
Training – 10%
- Effectively manage the training roadmaps for the operational team members.
- Desire to be successful and achieve.
- Sets goals/deadlines on a daily basis and works to exceed them.
- Strong need to achieve and holds an optimistic view. Is persistent and self-driven.
- Inspires and motivates team members to achieve performance results and personal results by assisting team members to set and achieve their goals.
Coach & Mentor:
- Develop a personal, business and leadership development program for each Team Member.
- Ability to understand staff skills and allocate correctly the right staff/team for each piece of business in conjunction with the ABL.
- Able to maximise productivity in the team by managing workflow/resourcing, using the resources and thinking outside the box to better manage business.
- Demonstrate conflict resolution skills to ensure a positive outcome for all involved.
- Maintains objectivity and can see the big picture rather than reacting emotionally to the problem.
- Know how to conduct morning team meetings that information share and inspire team members for the day ahead.
- Know how to conduct weekly team meetings to align weekly goals with team business plan.
- Know how to conduct one on one meetings (every second month as a minimum company standard) with all team members and provide them with a plan of action.
- Ensure all team members use & attend; buzz nights, supplier nights, conferences, expos, newsletters and read email updates daily.
- Knows the attributes of an effective Future Business Leader, Event Director, Event Manager or Event
Event Management Skills:
- Above average usage of systems.
- Sound knowledge of how to manage group travel and use Galileo.
- Know how to use Microsoft Office.
- Understand all templates and procedures and ensure these are being followed by all team members.
- To understand how to execute and event and cover files for team members as required in the event of absences in the office.
- To manage client programs as required and works onsite as required.
- Review monthly management pack and understand the financial position of the business.
- Provides outstanding professional service by exceeding all team clients’ expectations.
- Responds positively and promptly to all client complaints and ensures resolution to the client’s satisfaction.
- Acts with honesty and integrity to create high trust relationships with team and all clients.
- Demonstrates analytical skills.
- Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information.
- Makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis.
- Produces workable solutions to a range of problems.
- Take a commercially balanced approach, being able to judge/weigh clients need against the business.
- Identifies key opportunities.
- Develops strategies and plans to the business
Client Account Management:
- Able to articulate and effectively present company services to a customer.
- To resign incumbent business within the team.
- Seeks to build and sustain a commercially productive relationship with all clients in the team.
- Identifies new business opportunities from within incumbent clients and works with the Sales team, Head of Operations and the Team Members to win new business into the team.
- Demonstrate strong destination and supplier product knowledge.
- Make confident recommendations to clients providing them with the product that suits and fulfils their needs.
This role would suit: Project Manager, Event Operations Manager, Senior Project Manager, Event Director.